Monday, April 16, 2007

So Women and the internet...


I have never felt unequal because of being a woman while on the internet. I’ve never thought that the internet seemed more aimed toward men or that there wasn’t enough sites for women. In fact, I never even thought about gender inequality on the internet until I read this chapter.

As far as isolation goes, there is the occasional message on MySpace but nothing really big. I know online harassment happens, but luckily, it has never happened to me. I guess maybe I just don’t see this isolation because I have not experienced it first hand.

I feel like the number of sites available and things to do on the internet are pretty equal between men and women. Maybe I am just naïve to the fact of this inequality. Even so, I don’t really know what could be done to make everything between genders seem equal on the internet. There will always be sort of inequality…no matter how small.

No comments: