Although I enjoyed having a little more nap time by not having to go to class at 10:30, I'm pretty sure I enjoy a typical classroom setting more than online class. Although it was nice being able to work at my own pace, I still left everything until the last minute. Also I have trouble reading and understanding things when I read them on a computer screen...as ridiculous as that may sound.
Also when having a discussion about these sorts of topics, I prefer FtF communication over a message board, because obviously it is a much faster form of communication. There is no need to open a ton of different boxes with peoples opinions and then reply to them. Also I find it easier to discuss CMC topics in a class FtF setting. I had troubles writing responses to peoples responses.
However, I can see how online classes can be beneficial to those who are too busy to go to class everyday. They still learn new things and are able to advance their career. Also, all of the information you need to learn and have learned is right at your fingertips, on the computer screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment